Holistic Empowerment for Leaders
Most educational options in northern Uganda lack training in character and spiritual development. Many religious alternatives address spiritual development but ignore the critical leadership skills needed for individuals to thrive. Favor’s Leadership Training Institute addresses both in a blend of in-class and hands-on instruction tailored to produce powerful ministers of spiritual and cultural transformation engaged in the work of renewal before they ever leave the classroom. Comprised of six separate schools, the Institute builds up every facet of the student’s character and vocation over two years, from ministerial to business skills.
This university level 4-year degree program caps effective preparation for empowered leadership. The training fills academic gaps that are common from prior educational institutions while adding training not found elsewhere in northern Uganda or South Sudan. The coursework is intended to be completed in 3-5 years by working ministers and professional leaders.
Favor operates a Leadership training Institute in each nation, through our offices or rented facilities and dedicated trainers. Though our team has dreamed, prayed, and prepared curriculum for the LTI for years, we only began our first classes in 2019. In January 2020, 95 missionaries enrolled from Uganda, 52 from S. Sudan, and 32 people enrolled in our new 2-year Bible College.
- School of Destiny - Our School of Destiny lays the foundation by addressing core emotional needs through trauma counseling, emotional healing, rehabilitation, character development and aptitudes testing.
- School of Transformational Leadership - In our School of Transformational Leadership, students are positioned to function as dynamic leaders in both primary and secondary capacities with the ability to mentor others.
- School of Business - Every graduate from our School of Business leaves armed with entrepreneurial skills and with their own business startup in operation. These startups are monitored and mentored by LTI staff over the next three years.
- School of Development - For those with education gaps, our School of Development assists in the completion of necessary school certificates, university diplomas, licenses or vocational skills training. All LTI students surmount any hurdles between them and the next step toward their God-given potential.
- School of Ministry - Our School of Ministry fully equips and enables graduates to preach and teach the Word of God, plant churches, pastor congregations, and train others to enter the mission field.
- School of Mission - Our School of Mission specifically addresses the operation of community projects and discipleship strategies.