Ongoing prayer and worship altars sustain the transformation
We see the Kingdom come every day only because we pray – individually and corporately. Our Houses of Prayer in Gulu, Uganda and in Juba, South Sudan, were our first operational centers, before offices, schools, radio, or leadership training facilities. Prayer comes first because nothing else comes after.
The House of Prayer ministry team fulfills a wide range of community and staff functions. The activities of our Houses of Prayer (HOP) enable Christian influence to permeate all other aspects of these societies in order to pave the way for restoration and sustainable transformation by grounding entire communities in the truth and values of Christ.
“Prayer is the language of the poor.” – Founder Carole Ward
Some impactful responsibilities the HOP teams fulfill:
- Lead noon hour prayer for the whole city every weekday.
- Lead evening and event prayer, healing, and teaching services.
- Provide a neutral, stationary ground for guest speakers.
- Provide a 24/7 prayer covering for new believers, including those leaving physical threats.
- Serve Favor staff with worship and morning devotions every weekday.
- Launch local and rural outreaches.
- Coordinate pastors’ fellowships, government trainings, and more community unity initiatives.
- Launches large-scale prayer mobilization events like public all-night prayer, National Prayer Gatherings, and more.
- Develops leaders’ gifts in ministry, from preaching to administration to worship in a corporate anointing serving the front lines daily.