In September of last year, revival started breaking out in the streets of Gulu among the young gang members. By the multitudes, they were surrendering their lives to Jesus, giving up their old ways, getting water baptized, and beginning to live brand new lives. Instead of spending their time in the streets, they wanted to spend their time in the House of Prayer. Instead of carrying around weapons, they wanted Bibles. It's been remarkable to witness and be a part of what God is doing among these young people. We declare they are DESTINY YOUTH!
There has been an 80-90% decrease in crime rate in the city of Gulu according to police reports!!!
- When we we first started telling you all about the Destiny Youth back in the fall, at that time we were ministering to and discipling them, resettling them back with their families when possible; for those who had no families to be resettled with, we have been feeding and clothing them, providing for their medical fees, and paying for the schooling or vocational training costs.
- Then we started renting a home to house as many of them as we could. (This was essential, as a major reason many of them got involved in crime in the first place was due to just needing to find ways to survive.)
- While they were staying in the rented home, we were working hard to develop the GIFT Home property to be able to house them temporarily until the physical buildings can be built. We've had a wall built around the property (as required by the local government), have had septic system put in, toilets built, and water tank put in.
We've just recently moved them into temporary tents on the GIFT Home property. This is where they will live until we can raise enough money to build the GIFT Home!
How much easier it is to build strong youth than to repair broken men!
- We are currently housing as many of these youth as we can in temporary tents on our compound. (This isn't a long term solution, as the rainy season will make living in tents very difficult.)
- If you want to be a part of what God is doing amongst these youth, you can help us by praying, and spreading the word about what's happening to anyone you know who's interested in missions!
- If your heart is moved to help support these Destiny Youth, you can give toward the building of the GIFT Home here. There's no amount too small, every little bit counts toward the fruit that you've read about above.